I am a fourth year Computer Science PhD student working in the Institute for Information Security and Privacy at Georgia Tech under the supervision of Prof. Wenke Lee. Before joining to Georgia Tech, I worked in Center for Cyber Security at New York University Abu Dhabi as a Research Engineer for two years. I currently hold B.Sc. degrees in both Computer Engineering and Electrical & Electronics Engineering and M.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering from TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Ankara, Turkey. My research interests span a broad range of topics focusing largely on live-biometrics, privacy-preserving authentication, security and privacy, digital audio and image forensics, multimedia computing, machine learning and optimization.
- 10/22/18 - [AWARD]: Our research about "Privacy-Preserving Biometrics-Based Authentication" won Georgia Tech Demo Day CREATE-X Startup Prize.
- 10/04/18 - [PAPER]: "Defending Against Biometric Mimicry: Real-time CAPTCHA-based Facial and Voice Recognition" is published by Journal of Homeland Defense and Security (HDIAC).
- 08/12/18 - [POSTER]: "rtCaptcha" is presented in Fourteenth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS'14).
- 06/22/18 - [PATENT]: Patent for "Privacy Preserving Face-Based Authentication" is pending with "62/656,502" serial number by U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- 04/18/18 - [PRESS]: rtCaptcha is covered by the news. [TechCrunch] [MIT Technology Review(In German)] [governmentCIO] [eWeek] [BiometricUpdate] [ScienceDaily] [Security Advisor ME]
- 03/08/18 - [PATENTS]: Two patents from my VMware internship work, "Generating Sensor-Based Identifier", have been filed to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- 03/02/18 - [TALK]: "rtCaptcha" at the Cybersecurity Lecture Series at Georgia Tech
- 02/16/18 - [TALK]: I will be presenting "rtCaptcha" at NDSS'18.
- 12/31/17 - [PATENT]: Patent for "rtCaptcha: A Real-Time Captcha Based Liveness Detection System" is pending with "62/563,478" serial number by U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- 11/05/17 - [TOOLBOX]: Matlab toolbox for the recovery method in "Carving Orphaned JPEG File Fragments" paper is released.
- 10/26/17 - [PAPER]: "rtCaptcha: A Real-Time Captcha Based Liveness Detection System" is accepted for NDSS'18 conference.
- 09/18/17 - [PAPER]: "Image Carving with Missing Headers and Missing Fragments" is accepted for IEEE WIFS'17 conference.
- 09/15/17 - [TOOLBOX]: Flickr public photo crawler and downloader is released.
CONTACT WITH ME
266 Ferst Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332-0765