- Human Factors
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Instructional Design
- Educational Technology
- Analysis of the cognitive requirements involved in operating a small
unmanned ground vehicle (a robot). A subgoal-oriented task analysis was
conducted to identify procedures, the cognitive load involved in carrying them
out, and the implications for the design of training materials to teach people
to operate the robot.
- Conducted workshop on task analysis for the Army Maneuver Center of
- Analysis of complex computer-based Army digital system. Purpose was
to develop subgoal-oriented task analysis that could be used to guide
trainers and instructional designers for the system.
- Retained in connection with federal criminal prosecution
and regulatory enforcement actions against former New York Stock Exchange
specialists in order to identify the cognitive errors likely
to occur in a complex trading environment. Prepared report and
provided expert testimony in SEC regulatory proceeding.
- Design and testing of materials for a Head Start program.
Conducted task analysis on the materials and recommended
changes based on the analysis.
- Evaluation of a computer-based advice system for design tasks.
Evaluated interface for ease of use and evaluated advice for
clarity and correctness based on task analysis.